Tour Guide Job Description
TOUR GUIDE JOB DESCRIPTION
(Seasonal May- October)
We are searching for a vibrant tour guide/narrator to join our staff! The tour guide's responsibilities include providing an informative history and tour of Milwaukee, focused on (but not limited to) the Milwaukee River and Inner Harbor of the Bay of Milwaukee. Sightseeing Tours run Wednesday through Sunday for 1.5 hours each cruise.
To ensure success as a tour guide, you should be an excellent storyteller with a knack for customer service. An outstanding tour guide will have a working love and knowledge of our city.
Tour Guide Responsibilities:
- Greeting and welcoming customers to the tour.
- Serve as an Ambassador to our City as well as our Company.
- Tour Guide will be responsible for providing their own personalized narration (templates are available to reference).
- Tour should address the history, architecture, current events and any other fun fact to inform and entertain tourists of Milwaukee as well as local residents.
- Answer general questions.
Tour Guide Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience as a tour guide is advantageous.
- Capacity to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Adherence to prescribed safety codes.
- Excellent conversational skills with a knack for storytelling.
- Personable, humorous disposition.
- Outstanding organizational, time management, and improvisational skills.
- Passionate about Milwaukee with a working knowledge of its history.
- Ability to work during the day on weekdays and/or weekends.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and applicable experience.